Convergence Gateways & Translators
With Alepo’s unique and innovative convergence gateways, mobile operators can easily bridge the divide between legacy mobile networks and next generation data networks. By handling the translation and mediation between fundamental network elements, convergence gateways make it possible to retain and reuse much of the legacy system when launching NGN services. This can reduce deployment costs and risky data migrations as well as costs of implementing and training on new front office systems.
Alepo has nearly a decade of experience serving telecommunications providers and can offer a robust, personalized solution including the professional services required to realize the operator’s goals.
Alepo’s convergence gateways include:
- IN to IP Charging Gateway bridges the gap between legacy GSM networks and IP-based next generation networks to allow for convergent charging & billing across all networks and services. An integral part of Alepo’s Mobile Services Convergence solution, the gateway works across network nodes in real-time, and has been implemented in numerous Alepo deployments
- HLR Emulator enables communication between the legacy BSS & CRM systems and the adjunct BSS by emulating HLR commands. With MML and CAI interfaces towards the HLR and SOAP towards the IP network, the HLR emulator affords service providers a centralized management point of all services without changing the way legacy billing & CRM system provision and bar services
- Provisioning Gateway interface with the real HLR to enable pairing of broadband accounts in legacy systems and allow for new services and devices to be linked to existing mobile accounts
- Wi-Fi to Mobile Authentication Gateway makes it possible for mobile operators to offload 3G data traffic onto Wi-Fi networks by automatically authenticating a SIM based smart phone to the operator’s or partner’s network when in range of a Wi-Fi hotspot. The gateway is an essential component of Alepo’s Wi-Fi Offload Solution
- SCAP to DIAMETER Charging Gateway translates Ericsson’s SCAP to Ro / Gy / DCCA interfaces, making it possible to converge all network elements onto a single charging platform even when protocol support across network elements is heterogeneous
- DIAMETER TCP to SCTP Gateway solves the problem in which some elements can only support SCTP while others only support TCP in the transport layer for DIAMETER applications
- DIAMETER to RADIUS Prepaid Server Gateway functions between Ro / Gy / DCCA interfaces and an existing RADIUS-based prepaid server to easily support IMS charging
- RADIUS Prepaid Accounting to DIAMETER Gateway converts RADIUS quota sessions to Ro / Gy / DCCA sessions, supporting interworking between an Online Charging System that does not support RADIUS and a CDMA PDSN or WiMAX ASN Gateway. This element can emulate a standalone AAA server or integrate with an existing AAA server via AAA proxy