LTE & EPC Evolution
LTE represents a powerful step forward in mobile network technology. Offering 4G capacity and a streamlined all-IP network architecture (AIPN, often referred to as EPC or EPS) to support the emerging wealth of diverse applications and services, LTE promises to deliver impeccable customer experience while optimizing network resources and back office systems.
For incumbent operators, a successful, smooth transition to LTE should not sacrifice or jeopardize the existing mobile infrastructure, but rather extend the functionality of the existing infrastructure to support new technologies through seamless and cost-effective integration. Greenfield providers can enjoy the benefits of a complete, purely packet-based network.
Whether the operator is eager to rollout LTE immediately or is making preparations now for an eventual launch, Alepo can offer a robust LTE control plane solution, including a convergent OCS / OFCS, PCRF, OMA DM Server, HSS and AAA Server, to achieve a standards-built Evolved Packet System (EPS) while integrating seamlessly with the existing network infrastructure without interruption of service or costly replacements of network elements.
Solution Features & Highlights
- Future Ready, Scalable Platform is built on SOA architecture with open interfaces towards network nodes, making it simple to augment the network as your business grows and as new technologies arise, without risky or costly changes to the core system
- A Standards-Compliant Solution, Alepo’s LTE offerings are built on specifications from 3GPP (Rel. 9), 3GPP2, IETF, and OMA to ensure a high-performing, universally compatible solution
- Evolved Packet System Supporting Multiple RANs extends beyond support for LTE networks to include multiple next generation networks, including WiMAX, WLAN, WCDMA, GPRS, EVDO and more, without additional core components
- Convergent Charging & Billing Platform via Alepo’s OCS / OFCS enables the utmost flexibility across all services and account types, allowing for real-time charging & billing to ensure zero leakage
- IMS Service & Real-Time Policy Controls achieved with Alepo’s PCRF, allow for push-based policy functions such as IMS IPCAN establishment, On-Demand from P-CSCF, mid-session changes, usage-based bandwidth downgrade and a temporary bandwidth boost known as a “turbo button.” Alepo’s PCRF and OCS support multi-dimensional charging and rating options while ensuring zero leakage
- End-to-End Device Management, performed by Alepo’s OMA DM Server, includes support for Over-the-Air (OTA) provisioning and firmware updates (FOTA), creating an automated and intuitive activation process. A hands-off, automated customer experience increases customer satisfaction while reducing the operational costs and burden on customer support centers
- Web-Based Subscriber Portal empowers customers to self activate and manage their accounts independently online, with the ability to purchase and bundle services, top up and pay invoices, view transactions and more
- A Pre-LTE Solution means that even if an LTE rollout is a mid-term goal, providers can today ensure that their current core networks to be LTE-ready without affecting their current services. This allows providers to strategically launch LTE when market conditions are ideal without delay