Network Exposure Function (NEF)
Network Exposure Function
Alepo Network Exposure Function (NEF) is a cloud-native 3GPP standards-compliant network function that facilitates secure exposure of network services and capabilities of the 5G network to third-party applications using REST-based APIs. It enables developers and enterprises to customize services and drive service transformation through a broader ecosystem.
What is Network Exposure Function (NEF)?
How does NEF work?
The NEF provides an integration layer that connects enterprises and third-party developer applications to the operator’s network, enabling them to create on-demand services. It employs a cloud-native microservice-based architecture and implements open RESTful APIs. It supports service developer kits (SDKs) and provides service exposure capabilities in keeping with developer workflows and practices.
Network Function: 5G NEF
Realize 5G Potential
Alepo has partnered with leading technology innovators to provide a highly flexible and future-proof Network Exposure Function that:
- Employs Service-Based Architecture (SBA): enables external applications to communicate with the 5G Core via APIs, helping consume and expose services and capabilities provided by the 5GC for internal or external third parties.
- Implements cloud-native and microservice-based architecture: provides more control and supports future growth.
- Enables multiple deployment options: can be deployed in public, private, and hybrid cloud, and supports PaaS-agnostic deployment with advanced application capabilities.
- Prevents vendor lock-in: the vendor-agnostic system supports multiple partners, and can be deployed in tandem with Alepo’s solutions as well as third-party systems.
Accelerate Service Innovation
Alepo’s Network Exposure Function provides a simple, secure, and streamlined means to control network access for external applications, enabling developers and enterprises to swiftly create, launch, and manage new services. Its modern and advanced underlying architecture helps to:
- Leverage Software Developer Kits (SDKs): supports a developer environment with service exposure capabilities in sync with developer workflows and practices. Operators can extend advanced capabilities to activate multiple libraries, functions, and containers with just a few additional clicks through a wide range of plugins, simplifying service introduction.
- Ensure scalability: employs secured, open, RESTful APIs that ensure simplified exposure for network events and functionalities.
- Support partnerships: provides secure access for partners to launch and manage advanced innovations.
Monetize Next-Gen Services
Subscriber Data Management enables operators to rapidly transition to 5G, supporting multiple next-gen use cases and 4G/5G interworking. Watch the webinar to learn how SDM works and know more about the ROI opportunities it presents.
5G promises a transformational customer experience, and to fully monetize this transformation and derive maximum ROI, operators must have an effective digital BSS stack.
Increasing service offerings puts a lot of pressure on operators’ billing platform. The need to enhance the capabilities of the BSS system has become as significant as improving network capacity from time to time.
A digital BSS solution encompasses a wide spectrum of functionalities such as billing, rating and charging, customer experience, customer care, CRM, fulfilment, and revenue management
The evolution of mobile technologies has led to an enlarged customer base with evolved demands. As technologies and consumers evolve, CSPs are relying on digital services for success and adapting accordingly.
YOFC has selected Alepo’s vendor-agnostic Business Support Systems and Operations Support Systems (BSS/OSS) to deploy high-speed fiber broadband services in Peru.
SaskTel launches all-digital service called Lüm Mobile using Alepo’s Zero-Touch Network Solution in Canada
Alepo’s Zero-Touch Network Solution enables Lüm Mobile’s all-digital service through the operator’s website and app, with no stores or customer-facing agents.
Alepo’s fixed broadband solution has enabled VNet to launch innovative plans and offers, onboarding direct subscribers as well as affiliates including MSOs and LCOs.
Orocom S.A.C. selects Alepo Digital OSS/BSS to deliver FTTx broadband in Peru, which will allow the operator in centralized and remote network management.