Network Exposure Function (NEF)
Network Exposure Function
Alepo Network Exposure Function (NEF) is a cloud-native 3GPP standards-compliant network function that facilitates secure exposure of network services and capabilities of the 5G network to third-party applications using REST-based APIs. It enables developers and enterprises to customize services and drive service transformation through a broader ecosystem.
What is Network Exposure Function (NEF)?
How does NEF work?
The NEF provides an integration layer that connects enterprises and third-party developer applications to the operator’s network, enabling them to create on-demand services. It employs a cloud-native microservice-based architecture and implements open RESTful APIs. It supports service developer kits (SDKs) and provides service exposure capabilities in keeping with developer workflows and practices.
Network Function: 5G NEF
Realize 5G Potential
Alepo has partnered with leading technology innovators to provide a highly flexible and future-proof Network Exposure Function that:
- Employs Service-Based Architecture (SBA): enables external applications to communicate with the 5G Core via APIs, helping consume and expose services and capabilities provided by the 5GC for internal or external third parties.
- Implements cloud-native and microservice-based architecture: provides more control and supports future growth.
- Enables multiple deployment options: can be deployed in public, private, and hybrid cloud, and supports PaaS-agnostic deployment with advanced application capabilities.
- Prevents vendor lock-in: the vendor-agnostic system supports multiple partners, and can be deployed in tandem with Alepo’s solutions as well as third-party systems.
Accelerate Service Innovation
Alepo’s Network Exposure Function provides a simple, secure, and streamlined means to control network access for external applications, enabling developers and enterprises to swiftly create, launch, and manage new services. Its modern and advanced underlying architecture helps to:
- Leverage Software Developer Kits (SDKs): supports a developer environment with service exposure capabilities in sync with developer workflows and practices. Operators can extend advanced capabilities to activate multiple libraries, functions, and containers with just a few additional clicks through a wide range of plugins, simplifying service introduction.
- Ensure scalability: employs secured, open, RESTful APIs that ensure simplified exposure for network events and functionalities.
- Support partnerships: provides secure access for partners to launch and manage advanced innovations.
Monetize Next-Gen Services
Subscriber Data Management enables operators to rapidly transition to 5G, supporting multiple next-gen use cases and 4G/5G interworking. Watch the webinar to learn how SDM works and know more about the ROI opportunities it presents.
Many operators have a 5G roadmap but are still looking for ways to ensure faster rollout. This blog post lists their challenges and how to tackle them for a swift 5G launch.
Predictive analytics in 5G self-diagnoses and self-optimizes the network with little to no human involvement. Read the blog to learn how it benefits operators.
As demand for data services, digital journeys, and digitized customer interactions continues to grow, what trends can telecom operators expect in 2022?
Private 5G and WiFi 6 both offer unique advantages. Find out how they work, what use cases they support, and why operators should consider using them together.
As more CSPs introduce 5G and more subscribers sign up for next-gen services, operators can bank on these four 5G revenue streams to drive immediate business success.
ETI Guinea partners with Alepo to modernize its fiber network and provide support for future LTE services. Alepo’s solution includes AAA, PCRF, and Digital BSS.
Alepo’s Converged Core solution supports advanced 5G use cases, compliance with hyper-scalers, easy one-step installation, and 5G MOCN, PNI-NPNs and SNPNs deployments.
Alepo’s convergent fixed IN solution helped Kurdtel Communications streamline charging and network management for residential and enterprise services.
Service providers can now transition to 5G more easily by deploying Alepo’s Converged Core on industry-leading enterprise Kubernetes platform Red Hat OpenShift.