5G Core Network Solutions
5G speeds will create new experiences for consumers. Programmable networks, slicing, and narrowband devices will mean new classes of business applications. In sum, 5G will transform the role of mobile networks in society. Are you ready?
5G Core Network
Alepo’s 5G Core solution comprises cloud-native 3GPP standards-compliant 5G core network functions (NFs). These NFs are responsible for implementing subscription services, providing secured network connectivity to subscribers, and handling charging and policy management on the 5G network.
Alepo 5G Core Solution is available for mobile, 5G fixed wireless access, as well as enterprise segments for private 5G. For the enterprise segment, it is a part of the compact 4G+5G core and is a resource-optimized, low-footprint offering based on database-less architecture.
Subscriber Data Management (SDM)
Alepo’s SDM module comes with AUSF, UDM+HSS to carry out authentication and authorization in 5G as well as 4G networks. Includes a common and highly scalable Universal Data Representation (UDR) and subscriber data repository that holds SIM identities, subscription profiles, policy data, application data, and session contexts. It also includes the Unstructured Data Storage Network Function (UDSF) that maintains application states and contexts for different network functions.
Converged Policy Control
Includes PCF and PCRF with a unified policy rule framework for data, voice, and application. Manages policies for 4G and 5G networks. Supports usage monitoring and integrates with the charging systems. The business user-friendly GUI interface for policy management reduces the time-to-market for advanced policy use cases.
Includes CHF and OCS, offering convergent charging for voice, data, content, VAS, and IoT services across all access networks. Handles both online as well as offline charging with the standards-based interfaces towards network functions. Coupled with Alepo’s Digital BSS stack, it offers complete billing and charging for retail and wholesale business cases.
Web-Based Management Portals
- UDR agent portal: used for service configurations, storing and managing subscriptions, policy data, and SIM identities.
- EMS portal: used to configure and provision various network function profiles and services
- Enterprise self-service portal: allows enterprises to efficiently manage their devices and connectivity for private 5G use cases.
Cloud-Based Microservice Architecture
Alepo’s 5G Core employs a cloud- and PaaS-agnostic microservice-based software architecture and supports public, private and hybrid deployment options. Also, supports both containerized and NFV-based deployment.
5G-Ready Digital BSS
Alepo’s 5G-ready Digital BSS platform facilitates high-value 5G use cases, including IoT, and experience-based charging:
- Partnership: manage next-generation partnerships, agreements, and complex business models for new 5G business use cases.
- 5G monetization: support end-to-end 5G-ready monetization environment to launch new services and use cases such as slicing, AR, VR, gaming, and more.
- Policies: support billing and charging for complex business models; dynamically reshape and redeploy networks.
- 5G charging: support convergent online charging, real-time rating, and balance management. Ability to scale to hundreds of millions of devices.
- Omnichannel engagement: engage with customers through various channels, including web, mobile, chatbot, social media.
- IoT/M2M: manage millions of devices and multiple partners involved in the ecosystem to provide a full-stack solution to enterprise customers.
- Architecture and protocols: a fundamental refactoring of the architecture ensures all modules are microservice-based, virtualized (NFV), programmable, RESTful, and fully support DevOps work cycles and continuous real-time operations.
Alepo’s core network solution + digital BSS stack supports the unified management of 4G (EPC, IMS), C-IoT, and non-3GPP networks (such as WiFi). Our vast experience in digital transformation ensures service providers can evolve their operations and upgrade to 5G without disruption, shifting to a fully virtualized service-based environment.
4G mobile operators with a 5G-compatible core network will have the edge, deploying 5G radio protocols while leveraging their existing 4G infrastructure. Alepo’s 4G core functions allow operators to support mixed radio connectivity, enabling them to gradually roll out coverage and services to their customers.
4G + 1
Alepo also extends support to operators not yet ready to move to 5G. We bridge the gap by creating a modern omnichannel experience for subscribers, incorporating WiFi offload into the operator’s network and supporting unique enterprise IoT offerings on their existing network.