Subscriber Data Management
Subscriber Data Management
The converged subscriber data management solution provides a unified platform for both 4G and 5G subscriptions, making it easy to manage the network upgrade path. It enables operators to collaborate with third-party service providers and introduce advanced services such as 5G slicing, enterprise IoT, and more.
What is a subscriber data management solution?
What function does SDM perform in 5G?
To facilitate the high-value CX-driven use cases that 5G offers, service providers need to upgrade their legacy core so it can support 4G as well as 5G (and private 5G) networks through subscriber data management (SDM). SDM can manage SIM services and subscriber data more efficiently, which is essential for 5G. It ensures hassle-free migration to 5G, enables CSPs to leverage partnership and collaboration opportunities for advanced 5G use cases, ensures swift TTM, and unlocks a host of revenue streams by supporting the launch of next-gen services like IoT, eMBB, M2M, URLLC, and more.
A Converged Subscriber Data Management Solution
Deploy Converged SDM
The SDM is a standard-based network function that includes Authentication Server Function (AuSF), Unified Data Management (UDM), and Unified Data Repository (UDR) for 5G-SA support as well as Home Subscriber Server (HSS) for 4G and 5G-NSA support. Capabilities include:
Seamless authentication: AuSF
Highly scalable data repository: UDR
A common subscriber repository that holds SIM identities and subscription profiles for 4G and 5G subscriptions as well as policy subscriptions:
- Uses highly scalable NoSQL database
- Enables high availability for single- and multi-site deployment
- Handles REST (real-time) or batch (bulk) provisioning
- Supports database-less architecture for low footprint deployment
- Is based on 3GPP TS29.504 standard
Unified data management: UDM+HSS
A converged offering for authenticating and authorizing access to services in 4G and 5G networks:
- Manages subscriber identity concealing
- Supports 5G-AKA, EAP-AKA’, EPS-AKA authentication methods
- Manages service authorization for both 4G and 5G subscriptions
- Manages session continuity and mobility between 4G and 5G networks
- Supports legacy interfaces such as S6a, SWx, Cx, Sh
- Is based on 3GPP TS29.503, TS29.272 standard
Swift retrieval of NF sessions: UDSF
The Unstructured Data Storage Function (UDSF) helps operators store contexts for different network functions (NF):
- Allows managing, storing, and retrieving the network function session contexts in an unstructured format
- Uses a high-performing NoSQL database to persist NF states
- Is based on 3GPP TS29.598 standard
Employ Web-Based Portals
Alepo’s UDR Agent Portal empowers the service provider’s network team to manage service configurations, subscriptions, and policy data, and troubleshoot subscription-related issues. Its easy-to-use GUI system displays all subscription-related information in one place. It maintains the privacy and security of the subscription data with role-based access and SIM encryption support.
- Allows service configurations for APN, DNN, slices, PLMNs
- Maintains unified 4G and 5G subscriptions profile and policy data management
- Supports bulk operations for SIM and subscription management
- Facilitates troubleshooting for network administration
- Implements data security for critical data such as SIM identities
- Supports centralized access control that can integrate with an external access management system
Alepo’s Enterprise Self-Service (ESS) Portal
empowers enterprise customers to execute self-service operations:
- Facilitates bulk operations for SIM and device management
- Allows automated provisioning and activation of services
- Manages end-to-end subscription and device life cycles
- Supports real-time usage monitoring and connectivity dashboards
- Maintains audit logs and user access control
Alepo Element Management System (EMS)
allows system users to configure NF services, profiles, and deployments. System users can also define various monitoring KPIs for application and system health.
- Supports alarm monitoring by configuring thresholds on KPI reported by NF services
- Handles various service deployment models (active-active, active-passive, and more)
- Performs various other monitoring and health performance functionalities
Gain Cloud Benefits
Alepo’s Subscriber Data Management NF employs microservice-based software architecture that is cloud- and PaaS-agnostic and supports public, private, and hybrid deployment options. It also supports containerized as well as NFV-based deployment. Being fully cloud-native, the network function handles interworking with 5G NRF for service registration, discovery, and authorization, executes horizontal and vertical scaling based on traffic needs, maintains high availability, and implements CI-CD for automated release management.
Whitepapers and Briefs
Alepo’s cloud-native and converged SDM manages 4G and 5G subscriptions. Download the solution brief to understand its role in the network upgrade path, advanced use cases it supports, solution USPs, and more.
Alepo’s 5G Core Network Solution enables the rapid launch of 5G use cases. Download the flyer for more details on the solution architecture, how it facilitates your transition to 5G, Alepo’s 5G deployment proficiency, and more.
Integral to the evolved packet core (EPC) of any LTE or IMS network, Alepo’s HSS enables streamlined signaling, a hierarchical database, and ultrafast speeds. Download the whitepaper for more on the high-performing solution.
The digital transformation accelerated by the pandemic will continue through 2021. From 5G to IoB, a roundup of the telecom trends we expect to see.
5G standalone (SA) core is the end goal for all 5G operators, even early movers beginning their next-gen journey with 5G Non-Standalone (NSA). Here’s why.
There are two routes to 5G: Non-Standalone (NSA) and Standalone (SA) deployment. What’s the difference and which is best for you? A look at 5G SA vs 5G NSA.
Compact Core, the industrialized solution enables enterprises of any size to leverage all the smart features of 5G over a private network.
Network slicing helps build multiple dedicated networks – technology that’s paving the way to 5G. Here’s what’s in store for automotive, IoT, smart cities, entertainment, and several other sectors.
Orocom S.A.C. selects Alepo Digital OSS/BSS to deliver FTTx broadband in Peru, which will allow the operator in centralized and remote network management.
Eiasa has launched the high-speed fiber broadband service – Megaya – using Alepo’s Broadband AAA solution, in partnership with system integrator Italtel.
Alepo’s WiFi Service Management Platform and captive portal let the operator grant customers access to ad-supported free internet by watching an ad or filling in a survey.
The new design is clean, modern, and approachable, and represents one digitally connected world. Thursday, February 25, 2021, AUSTIN: Digital enablement and core network solutions provider Alepo has unveiled its modernized logo and updated branding. The change comes...